- Established in 1971
- More than 700 staff worldwide
- 2012 operating budget of approximately $110 million dollars; nearly 70 percent from internal Institute funding and the remaining 30 percent from external funding
- Currently conducting 31 clinical trials globally with compounds derived from Ludwig research
- 2011 Patents:
- 2011 Publications by Institute investigators
- 299 primary research articles
- 60 reviews, book chapters and/or commentaries
- Involved with more than 172 license and option agreements with commercial organization
- Sponsor to over 130 postdoctoral fellows and around 100 PhD students
The Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research is an international non-profit research institute dedicated to improving the understanding and control of cancer. Among our defining characteristics are:
- Flexible, long-term support. LICR offers an environment that allows its scientists to tackle larger and more speculative research challenges, and to explore fully the potential of their work.
- International reach. LICR research sites are located at some of the world’s leading hospitals and universities. This multinational presence is designed to foster the engagement of the best research talent from anywhere in the world, and form dynamic, cross-disciplinary collaborations that spur creativity and speed the pace of research.
- Commitment to translate research into novel therapies for human benefit. This requires bridging the gap between the lab and the clinic and taking responsibility for the entire discovery continuum.
The LICR Fund Inc is a 501(c)3 organization that exists solely to manage the LICR's assets. US tax-deductible donations can be made to the LICR Fund to support the work of the Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research Ltd.